Thursday, October 16, 2014

Swatch: Shiro Cosmetics lip gloss in Nic Cage Doing the Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy

I've been debating whether or not to post swatches of the Nic Cage collection since the official ones (by this blogger, who totally rocks and I aspire to be as cool as) are really great. But in my indie life I've always wanted to look up more than one swatch of a thing, and since this blog is largely an exercise in creating resources for folks who were like me-of-a-year-or-two-ago, here you are, curious consumer.

Bare lips for reference

One coat of Doing the Charleston

Two+ coats
This gloss was a little trickier for me to capture on camera since a lot of my shots brought out a brownish-red in it when I find it to be a more purple-based burgundy red in real life. (For me, this and Red Wedding are similar depths of red with different undertones.) Hopefully that comes out here (and sorry for the finicky white balance). This gloss is a lovely colour, though it takes a little bit of work to get even coverage if you're going for the more opaque look.

No comments:

Post a Comment